Delta Club 82 école de deltaplane près de Toulouse Montauban
Apprendre à voler en deltaplane - Trouver une école de deltaplane
Baptême de l'air en deltaplane près de Toulouse Montauban
Météo vol libre
Bibliotheque du Deltaplane
Photos de deltaplane
Vidéo deltaplane
Sites de vol libre
Occasion vol libre : deltaplane, parapente...
Les ailes et les fabricants de deltaplane
Forum du deltaplane

Le Delta CLub 82 est aussi sur Facebook
Ecole de deltaplane dans la région de Toulouse - MontaubanAgendaDivers deltaplane et vol libreDelta Club 82 Ecole de deltaplane

>>> Traduction des commentaires

Accueil bible » Traduction des commentaires

Afin de rendre la bible des ailes delta accessible au plus grand nombre, cette dernière peut être consultée en Français ou en Anglais.
Si vous souhaitez apporter votre contribution au développement de la bible des ailes delta, vous pouvez nous aider à traduire les commentaires fait par d'autres utilisateurs, dans les deux langues.

Page : 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113 
Deltaplane Deltaplane : Seagull Ten Meter
Français Envoyer traduction
English The second comment about 240 sq ft etc. is about the Seagull III, not the 10meter [comments mouved to the Seagull III card]. I owned just about every glider Seagull made. The three was a big floaty air bag that was great to train on in the early '70s.

By the time the mid-70s rolled around, we had the Seagull V, which was an oddball with a modable rudder because it was difficult to control otherwise, the Seagull IV (which came afterward), a very nice, easy glider to fly with decent performance and good handling, then the 10-meter, the Seahawk, (an intermediate-level glider that was a lot of fun to fly), the Demon, which was an early attempt to make a viable double-surface glider, and then the company was sold and Mike Riggs was no longer running the show and the company lost its innovation and its market.

The 10 meter was my favorite Seagull glider. Light, responsive, beautiful to look at with those curved leading edges, it had a good clean sail for its day, and was reasonably competitive.

I flew it two years running in the Pepsi Grouse Mt. World INvitational in Vancouver, B.C., against legends like Steve Moyes, Joe Greblo, Jeff Scott and others from all over the world.

While I was no great contest pilot, I was scrappy. And the Seagull would forgive a lot of sins, as I could get inside a core of maybe fifty gliders all working the rocky face of Grouse Mt. and rise up through dozens of them in just a couple minutes. You could really stand that glider up on its wing tip and feel every nuance of the thermal.

I won my first heat in the first year of the contest against a guy in a humongous, but hard-to-handle, Canadian wing. I think his name was Bob Talbot, or Bob something. Anyway, he was a hot pilot, I was told, but it was so crowded in that stack, he didn't feel safe getting in the core with that big glider. I rose up and watched him boat around 1500 feet below me. He eventually fell out of the lift and landed at 25 minutes. I stayed up for the max of one hour, then cruised in to land for the easy victory.

A great, strong, stable, yet fast-rolling glider that I had many memorable flights on. Thanks to Mike Riggs and Bob Keeler for designing and perfecting a great wing for its day.

Deltaplane Deltaplane : Lancer 4
Français Envoyer traduction
English The Lancer IV was one of the great fun gliders of the 70s. Originally produced in New Zealand (one of the principals was Graeme Bird, a wonderful pilot and I believe designer or co-designer of the Lancer - last I heard he'd given up the sport and was living in Santa Barbara).

The Lancer was brought to the U.S. by my late, great friend Marty Alameda. Marty started Flight Designs in Salinas, California and began producing the Lancer under license in 1979 as I recall.

Marty had previously worked for Seagull Aviation until Mike Riggs sold the company. It was briefly run in Carpinteria, CA by the new owner, but sadly before long suffered a business spiral dive and was run into the ground by unrealistic expectations of sales and lack of a competitive design to answer the wave of Comet-like double-surface gliders that exploded onto the scene at the end of the '70s.

I worked briefly for Marty at Flight Designs in 1981. In 1979 I was a film and tv actor hired to play a lecherous hang glider pilot (is there any other kind?) for a movie shot in Invermere, Canada, on the west side of the Canadian Rockies.

John Duthie and Dean Kupchanko, both at one time Canadian National Hang Gliding Champions and a couple of hustling office building promoters among other things, had suggested me to the director because I was the only HG'ing actor they knew. I got the job. They also needed gliders. I called Marty at Flight Designs.

"Hey, we need 3 Lancers for a movie, big ones, for a flying scene, can you get them to us pronto?"

"No problem," he said, "I'll have them test flown right away and get them up to you."

Now Marty was a great guy. A wonderful flyer. We'd had many life-memorable flights in the years we'd known each other. He was my best friend and best hang gliding buddy, and I miss him deeply to this day.

Marty was a great business man too. But he had one glaring character flaw that I remember now with fondness, but which caused me to leave his employ after just a few months at Flight Designs: he had difficulty telling the truth to customers if the truth wasn't what he thought they wanted to hear.

In this case, that meant the following: Truth: "We'll just barely have time to get the gliders to you in time for your movie."

Marty: "No problem, we'll get them to you in plenty of time."

Of course, as we found out once I went on location and found the gliders hadn't arrived, they hadn't been shipped out...nor test flown...nor built.

Anyway, not to speak ill of the dead (Marty was killed not to long after test flying the ultralight he had designed and built in a joint venture with Pioneer Aviation, the Flight Star), he did come through in the end...barely.

In fact, the gliders arrived the night before in Calgary. Dean Kupchanko drove over the Rockies to get them and brought them back. We assembled them as I recall, then they were helicoptered to the top of Mt. Swansea, 5665 feet tall and a honking mountain. No test flight. No trim adjustments. No nuttin'. First flights, top of the mountain. Not good.

We were waiting there with the movie crew, because the scene, with Timothy Bottoms, Linda Purl and me and the pilots, was due to be shot as soon as we could get the gliders together and fly for the cameras.

The height above landing for Swansea is around 3,000 feet. Far below I remember a golf course, and I could see just about all of it. It looked tiny. The sand traps looked like gnats eggs.

It was a steep, beautiful, pine tree-and-rock-covered mountain, with lakes Invermere and Windermere like beautiful azure jewels cool and inviting in the narrow valley below.

Anyway, as you've guessed, Marty had sent the gliders just in the nick of time, which meant our first flights, on gliders none of us had ever flown, would be on top of Mt. Swansea. Dean and John had not even flown the Lancer model in any size anywhere. I'd gotten some time on the giant 220 square foot version at Fort Funston, CA once, which was hardly a suitable comparison. That glider was a monster floater but you wouldn't want to use it for anything else but ridget soaring in smooth air, it was jimongous.

It was blowing 25 to 30 mph straight into Swansea that day. "This happens maybe four or five times a year," I remember John Duthie saying. "It'll be great."

"Yeah," I said, "As long as the gliders aren't pitch divergent, are trimmed properly, or have a turn in them that we won't be able to control."

"It'll be alright. We've got our 'chutes anyway," said John, who had a lot of flying experience and was a pretty casual dude. I'd met him and Dean at the Grouse Mt. World Invitational in 1977 and we'd competed together in '78 and '79. I'd finished in the top 20 both those years so they knew I was a decent pilot, which is how I'd gotten the job in the first place.

But I was in no way at their level of skill or experience. I was pretty much a mostly out-of-work actor who went flying to keep from getting depressed at how lousy my career was going (I'd been in a stage actor for years, then did a tv series, SWAT, in the mid 70s, after which it was all downhill acting-wise.)

So here I am, fresh off the airplane from Los Angeles, at the top of Mt. Swansea, a mountain I'd never flown, setting up a glider I'd never flown, flying for a movie company who had no idea what they were about to see, with three cameras set up and ready to "roll 'em!", wondering if I'm out of my mind, or rather, how far I'm out of my mind. And hoping that Marty had told me the truth at least about test flying the gliders at Marina Beach near Monterey, CA the morning of the day they were then broken down and shipped up to us.

"They're all perfect," he'd said, after I'd grilled him with no small amount of anxiety the night before on the phone. "No sweat, they fly great. I flew them myself."

Marty was a great pilot. The Flying Flea, we called him, because he weighed all of 135 lbs., but had the courage of an 800 pound gorilla. These were Lancer 190s as I recall. Lancers, even the smaller size, were well known for their wonderful ability to float like a butterfly in the lightest breeze, while still retaining control and having, for the day, decent top end speed without falling out of the sky.

But with that wind honking straight into launch on the rocky summit of Mt. Swansea, we could have soared in a 16' standard with no trouble. Hell, we could have soared holding on to a couple of tablespoons in our outstretched hands. It was freaky, frankly frighteningly vertical and I was scared.

Oh, one other thing: The movie director decided I should be the first one to launch. And I agreed! How's that for topping off the pyramid of good judgements?

I remember my heart pounding like the beat from a Paul Oakenfold mix as I had three wiremen walk my glider out to the launch, which was a steep rocky outcropping clear of trees, and get it in position for the cameras.

"Don't let go of those wires whatever you do!" I told the three film crewmen, who had never seen a hang glider before. John and Dean were busy ensuring their own survival under their own gliders behind me. The wind was whipping the sails fiercely.

I briefed my wiremen carefully about the signals I would be giving them, about what to do ("Keep the nose down and wings level") and what not to do ("Don't let go until I tell you! Don't let the nose get too high! Don't let one wing get too high, or I'll die!")

They understood from my words and the panicked look on my face, I'm sure, that I wasn't being overdramatic, as actors can often be. This was real life, which the wind-shuddering glider reinforced for them.

I walked under the glider to hook in. Maybe 30 people, actors and crew, stood around watching. Nothing like an audience with all these new things to contend with, I remember thinking. I pushed them out of my mind. I only had one question running through my head: "Get out and away from the hill, whatever it takes. Jesus, I hope Marty was right about them being in trim."

A sound man came running over with a big, boxy walkie talkie and duct-taped it to my left down tube. He gave me a quick lesson in how to operate the thing, which I could barely hear because the wind and ripping sound of sail flutter was so loud.

He ran off to set up the other two pilots. The director, Harvey Hart, stuck his head under the sail. "You all ready to go?"

"I think so!"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. Are your guys ready? We only get one crack at this."

"We're all set, no strain. Okay, listen for me to yell 'action', that's when we roll. But don't take off unless you feel it's right, don't you worry about us."

You probably can't imagine how much I appreciated that comment. Actors often feel a lot of performance anxiety from the pressure to do well in front of the cameras. Copious amounts of money flow down the drain every minute of every day of a production. No actor wants to be the one that costs the company thousands of dollars because he blows a take.

That submerged and constant anxiety on the set triples the moment a director yells "Action!" So I appreciated Harvey's admonition to put safety first.

There were three cameras set up to film our flight: a 35mm Arriflex on a tripod just to my right, another down the slope in the trees and a third one behind that would shoot out toward the valley.

"Forget about the damn cameras," I told myself over and over as I made sure the glider was held fast by my wire angels. "Make a clean launch, that's all you have to do and the rest will take care of itself."

I clipped in and yelled instructions to the wire guys. "Slowly, slowly now! Bring up the nose. Keep the wings level!" The nose guy had both hands on the wires and his eyes were as big as saucers. "You're doing fine, that's it, just keep the nose coming up!."

Gusty eddies swirled around my feet as the nose came up. "That's it, keep 'er coming...up a bit more...wing guys are doing fine...up a bit more...hold it right there!"

Everybody was watching me. I was watching the faces of the wiremen, particularly the nose guy. I pointed to my eyes and to his. He nodded and pinned me straight on with that "How did I get in this situation?" look. I knew I had his attention.

"Hold the nose and don't let go! I'm going to do a hang check. He nodded as I clipped in, checked the lines, proned out. Everything looked good.

I got back on my feet and barked, "Now let's stand up. Everybody let the glider come straight up! Nose man, keep the nose at the same angle, so the sail just starts to fill with air!"

To his credit, he did it perfectly. The glider came up until it pulled against my hang straps. The wind was really howling. Just get off straight, just get off straight, was all I could think. I kept my eyes on that nose man because he was holding my life in his hands.

"When I say 'Go!' everybody release. You must all release at the same time!"

I heard them all shout acknowledgement.

This was it. If ever I needed a glider to be trimmed and balanced, here and now was that time.

"'S GO!"

In perfect unison they released me as I tried to run forward. The noseman dropped to the side and down to the rocks, sure he was about to be run over, but I didn't even get one step against the ground before I shot up into the sky like a rocket. On the film (The High Country) you can see the bottom of my legs dangling through the top of the frame. The camera had totally misjudged what my line of flight would be.

I sucked in the bar to track away from the hill, kicked into the cocoon, and within two seconds realized with a huge sigh of relief that indeed my dear friend Marty had not let us down: the glider was perfectly trimmed, and I was immediately comfortable in it.

It turned out to be one of those amazing flying days. Dean and John launched and we eventually got sorted out and flew formation in the incredible lift band, which extended about a quarter mile out from the mountain and up...well, I'll get to how high that lift band was in a minute.

Over the walkie talkie we would get instructions from the director over where to fly, and we'd do our best to comply. The problem was it was almost impossible to comply because we couldn't keep those big, floaty Lancers down close to the top of the mountain.

Once I followed the two of them as John said, "Follow me!" on the radio. They headed up the lower shoulder, toward the back of the peak. I was terrified that we'd get rotored into the backside of the mountain but didn't even have time to say so on the radio, for the peak was coming up fast.

John and Dean knew the mountain well, so I decided to trust them. Hell, everything else had gone surprisingly well already, considering all the stupid decisions we'd been forced into.

The gaggle of three gliders, bobbing up and down in the gusts like a Conga line, soared up the side, bars stuffed in as far as we could just to keep our altitude within 50 feet of the top. John, then Dean, then I flew right over the cameras on the mountain top, me thinking every second a big hand was going to grab me and smash me to the rocks. But I was surprised at how very smooth it was as we crossed over the top and once again flew into that tremendous rush of uplifting air.

At times, just to be low enough for the cameras to film us, we had to fly straight away from the face of the peak with bars stuffed, dropping about a thousand feet below the top in the process. When we were about a quarter mile away, we'd then turn and fly straight back toward the mountain with the bar stuffed at full speed. It took us awhile to time it right because even then we'd get to the peak with a couple hundred feet, too high for the cameras.

That's how much energy there was in that lift!

In all, we flew for three hours before landing, swooping, crossing, diving, turning. Everything they could think of on the ground, we did in the air. I was told later that they'd shot 10,000 feet of film that day. The gliders were beautiful, and they were transfixed and couldn't help themselves.

The final footage as it made it into the movie was a kind of dream sequence, as the big blue eyes of the slightly retarded runaway girl, played beautifully by Linda Purl, watch the aerial ballet over her head. That scene ran about 45 seconds and was very pretty, and and of course summons memories of a flight I will never forget.

When it was all done, I heard the radio message from the assistant director over the walkie-talkie. "Okay guys, good job, that's a wrap. Go down and land and we'll pick you up in the chopper."

Now I got to find out just how big this lift band was. I crossed over the peak, bar stuffed as it had been most of the day, and flew straight away from the mountain. I let the bar out and just hung on as the nose smoothly pointed toward heaven and we climbed like an F-15 on afterburners. All I did was keep the wings level: no turns, no nothing. Five hundred feet. A thousand. Two thousand, all the while creeping slowly forward from the mountain.

The vario finally stopped beeping about 2500 feet above the top of Mt. Swansea. I pulled the bar in and floated out over the glacial valley, over lakes Windermere and Invermere, enjoying the giddy view from 6,000 feet above ground.

We all landed on the big golf course about 20 minutes later. That's how long it took to get down.

Now for the information you were waiting for, if you've made it this far: what was the Lancer like to fly?

I still remember that glider as one of the most enjoyable "kites" I ever owned. It was stable, responsive (I bought it a year later, then moved and flew it in Colorado.) I even had a ten mile XC flight in the Lancer, playing tag with a growing thunderstorm, before the storm said, "You're it, sucker!" and started to really scared me. It had already been a bit of a white-knuckler: humongous turbulence, 1200 feet per minute lift followed by the same sink...I'd take that lift as high as I dared under the growing crown of clouds, then fly away from the cloud a couple miles, and return to the lift when I got low.

Finally I stuffed the bar away from that monster and landed. I'd gotten a little overconfident that day but was lucky. It started raining, then hailing, as I broke the glider down.

The 200 square foot version, called the Super Lancer, was a floating monster. It was intended to be used as a trainer, for which it was ideal. At Fort Funston, CA, where I flew it one day with Marty, it was always the highest glider on the ridge in ocean breeze lift. It was crazy! Like'd just lumber off the hill in that beast and levitate to the top of the line in no time: one pass, two, and you were looking down on everybody, even in the lightest of lift. Sometimes it was the only glider that could stay up.

And with the Flying Flea on it, nothing could even get close no matter what the conditions. What a loveable dinosaur!

That was a time when gliders were valued for their ability to stay up in very light conditions, and handling wasn't as crucial, especially to slope soarers. They just wanted to be top dog, even if it meant they were mostly hovering in one spot.

The Lancer was a dream to fly: it had both float and responsiveness. It wasn't too fast...most of the gliders in those days wouldn't compare to the gliders of today in speed and glide because a 35% double surface such as I think the Comet introduced was a big, radical new innovation near the end of the '70s. We were still exploring the sport and it's wonders, so the Lancer was a real step forward in that it was a terrific all-around glider.

It was solid, responsive, thermalled beautifully without any nasty tricks, yet could float really well with gliders that were ten or 20 square feet larger. In that regard, for a time, I thought of it as the perfect all around ship.

I remember bar pressure in pitch that was solid but not stiff. Roll pressures ditto. It came around in a turn with solid feedback but without working your arms to death. There wasn't any of the yaw you associate today with bigger, higher-aspect gliders. But you could stall the inside tip and spin around for real tight climbing turns, and the planform of the glider would give you a climb rate that would take you up through the middle of thermal stacks like you were on an elevator.

I loved the glider and had many great flights with it in California and Colorado. I flew it in Silverton, CO and had trouble getting it down from 4,000 AGL at the end of the day, when everything went off from the valley floor.

It was a breeze to land: very predictable, again with wonderful feedback from the bar. Flare timing wasn't an issue in most gliders of those just waited for the right wind noise, the glider started to settle, you shoved the bar out and she dropped you smoothly onto the ground, even in no wind.

Graeme Bird and his pals from Kiwi Land, and Marty and Flight Designs, did a real service to the sport and advanced the enjoyment of recreational and advanced pilots of the time, with the Lancer and Super Lancer.

Deltaplane Deltaplane : Laminar Orbiter
Français Xavier VERGES a conçu cette ailes en collaboration avec Icaro 2000, c'est un dérivé de la StyL.
Elle est commercialisée sous 2 appellations :

- Orbiter chez Icaro 2000, une aile de type intermédiaire évoluée.
- StyL+ chez ULteam qui d'après Xavier VERGES serait plus orientée « Performance » que le Orbiter, grâce à des options et solutions techniques qui lui son propre et des réglages différents.
Envoyer traduction

Deltaplane Deltaplane : Vj 11
Français Le vj11 et vj23 sont des appareils qui ont été construit par Volmer Jensen, le vj11 durant la 2eme guerre mondiale et le vj23 dans les années 70.
Le vj11 reprenait la configuration des planeurs Chanute, mais le pilotage était assuré par des gouvernes.
Envoyer traduction

Deltaplane Deltaplane : Vj 23
Français Le vj23 est un PUL construit en tubes alu et métallique pour la structure, et en bois pour l'aile.
Cette dernière est une aile cantiveler, donc pas de haubanage. A l'époque de sa sortie, le vj23 a littéralement explosé le record de vol libre de l'époque (si on pouvait toutefois parler de « vol ») en tenant l'air 45min à partir d'une dune d'une vingtaine de mètre de hauteur sur la côte californienne.
Cet appareil n'a jamais était construit en usine, mais conçu pour la construction amateur, de très nombreux plans ont été vendus.

Pour info, c'est avec une version motorisé (décollage et atterrissage à pied !) de cet appareil que la première traversée de la manche par un ulm à été effectué !!!
Envoyer traduction

Deltaplane Deltaplane : Icarus 5
Français C'est un appareil rigide à pilotage par déplacement du centre de gravité en tangage et par action des gouvernes en roulis/lacet (un peu comme un fledge sauf que là le pilote est assis)
Envoyer traduction

Deltaplane Deltaplane : Discus
Français Envoyer traduction
English Discus is very easy to take off, fly and land glider. During takeoff it's good idea to ease the bar little out after a few steps. It helps to takeoff in nil winds. Discus can fly with very low speeds. In thermals you can ease the bar out 15cm from your face. You can roll a lot in a thermal but if you don't ease out, sink rate is more than best you can get. I roll 50-60 degrees and it is still lifting if i ease the bar out.
In gliding with full VG i think best glide speed is 40-45kph, my experiments are still going on. Glide performance on 60kph is acceptable ~1:10(It's unable to determine the real glide ratio in tubulent or thermal air, i didn't experienced nil air, the numers are not totally correct).
I tried some speedruns. I attained 80kph in straight diving (i'm lower side of the weight limit, My harnes and me are totally: 70kg), not tested in turn (actually it should be more speedy). When I reach high speeds wing tips are getting wavy because-of wingtip tubulence, i think this effect can fray the sail in long term.
In landing using 1/4 VG is good idea. It helps your flare timing. I was wacking everytime in landing but i found and fixed my mistake. My mistake was holding uprights i bit low (near my shoulders), i holded a little upper and everything got better. I'm landing with no step in nil wind. If you get a little more uprights and little ease out before flare, glider finds its flare point and you can land perfectly by pushing when it wanted :)

Happy flights...

Deltaplane Deltaplane : Discus
Français Aile intermédiaire "haute", moderne, intégrant les raffinements des ailes sans-mât des années 2000, mais déclinée avec un mât et un pilotage plus facile.
La différence avec une intermédiaire "basse" du genre Mambo se fait sentir :
- mise en virage un peu plus longue (inertie) et nécessitant un peu plus d'efforts, mais sans doute moins que sur un sans-mât ;
- rappel au neutre faible et la finesse à haute vitesse reste bonne, la différence avec les sans-mâts se creusant au delà de 60 km/h ;
- en tirant en finale, l'aile descend aussi bien qu'un Mambo, mais prend plus de vitesse pour la même pente et surtout restitue cette vitesse en un long palier, le drogue-chute peut être utile ;
- posé facile (fenêtre de poussé large ou évidente, vol lent possible), sauf que si on pousse (vraiment) trop tôt, ça remonte haut...
Vrille difficile mais possible, loop possible...
Prise de vitesse aile tendue facile jusqu'à 80-90 km/h en quelques secondes, très peu maniable une fois tendue.
En finale, à haute vitesse aile détendue, la maniabilité est très bonne (aucun problème pour faire des PTS serrées) mais attention au surpilotage.
L'instabilité spirale ("high siding" en virage) ne se fait sentir que pour des poids pilotes élevés et des inclinaisons fortes. A 82 kg de poids accroché sous le 148, je n'ai noté aucune instabilité spirale.
Montage debout ou à plat, mais ordre précis à respecter, même au démontage (par exemple, on ne peut pas désétarquer à plat !)
Mou dans les câbles lorsque l'aile est détendue, mais finalement pas gênant au déco. Gênant pour les déplacements au sol.
L'aile n'est pas très lourde, mais les montants lisses sans caoutchouc glissent suivant les gants utilisés.
Les embouts de lattes à levier rentrant dans un ourlet du bord de fuite sont supers, mais se déboîtent facilement si on les manipule de travers (et peuvent se casser).
Un kit de mise à niveau existe pour la rendre un peu plus perfo et un peu plus vive (abaissement des balestrons, augmentation du dièdre sur la seconde moitié du bord d'attaque, changement des câbles latéraux pour augementer le dièdre général).
Beaucoup de critiques positives sur les forums.
Envoyer traduction

Deltaplane Deltaplane : Mambo
Français Aile intermédiaire moderne et facile. J'ai volé dessous en école au bout du 20e vol, j'ai passé le brevet avec, j'en ai acheté une neuve et fait 75 vols avec.
Très accessible : peu de délai à la mise en virage, peu d'efforts, décroche calmement sans trop de perte d'altitude, les bouts d'aile sont libres ce qui facilite la mise en virage et la stabilité à basse vitesse, pose très facilement et parachute bien si on a poussé (vraiment) trop tôt.
Bon niveau de performances : il faudrait un super harnais pour atteindre les 10 de finesse annoncée, mais on est au dessus de 9 dans la plupart des traces GPS en air calme. Elle peut accélérer un peu, mais je n'ai jamais réussi à atteindre les 70 km/h de la Vne.
Rappel au neutre important (se cale toute seule au décollage), vrille difficile mais possible, loop impossible. Pas d'instabilité spirale à 82 kg de poids pilote accroché sous la 160, et même une légère tendance à sortir du virage à cette charge alaire un peu faible.
Limites : lorsqu'on tire (effort progressif mais important), l'aile descend plus qu'elle n'accélère. La finesse s'écroule au-delà de 45-50 km/h, donc les transitions sont lentes. Mais ça permet de rentrer dans des terrains courts très facilement (drogue-chute intégré !!)
Avec cette aile, on pose là où les parapentes posent !
Le 150 et 160 se montent à plat ou debout (lever le mât avant de la monter sur le trapèze), la 135 se monte seulement debout je crois.
Envoyer traduction

Deltaplane Deltaplane : Highster
Français Envoyer traduction
English The Highster was built in Oakland Ca. by Mike Giles. It was a a 90% double surface glider with triple deflexers (wing truss wires). These wires where adjusted with out turnbuckles. They where adjusted by turning over the outer tangs which would tighten the winding of one cable and lossen the other. For increased strenth, the cross bar was inner sleeved with out pop rivets. Later versions had a floating cross bar. Highster used Manta hardware and was considered the flex wing side of Manta when Manta swithched over to making the Fledge. Highster was named after a fork lift because it was a "Heavy Lifter". The most common size was 190 square feet. During peak demand for the Highster, some where manufactured in Sacramento, Ca. It was easy to set up, with all the nice Manta hardware, good static balance, but a bit stiff to fly. The floating cross bar helped the handling. Glide was poor for a 90% double surface glider due to the triple set of wires out in front of the leading edge. The glider could be easliy spun and this was an accepted thermalling practice when the pilot was tired.
Page : 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113    haut